Going against consensus.
Here is a synopsis of reaction of market participants on Nifty- Range bound is i guess the most used for 2014 in Indian context ahead of elections.
- Nifty may trade range-bound between 6020-6130: Magnum Read more at: http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/brokerage-recos-fundamental/nifty-may-trade-range-bound-between-6020-6130-magnum_1046580.html?utm_source=ref_article
- Nifty to be in 5800-6400 range pre-polls: IL&FS Read more at: http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/market-outlook/nifty-to-be5800-6400-range-pre-polls-ilfs_1047372.html?utm_source=ref_article
- Rupee to stay stable ahead, Nifty rangebound: HSBC India Read more at: http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/fii-view/rupee-to-stay-stable-ahead-nifty-rangebound-hsbc-india_1040276.html?utm_source=ref_article%20
- Don't see major pre-election market moves: Nomura Read more at: http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/market-outlook/dont-see-major-pre-election-market-moves-nomura_1046213.html?utm_source=ref_article
- Gautam Shah of JM Financial: Nifty ending the ongoing bounce around 6100-6150 is quite high. From this region the bears could make their presence felt and have another go at the 5950-6000 support zone. A close below this opens up another 5 percent on the downside. Read more at: http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/market-outlook/nifty-may-fall-5-if-it-breaks-5950-jm-financial_1042034.html?utm_source=ref_article
- Nifty to be in 5900-6300 range; like Aurobindo: Amisha Vora Read more at: http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/market-outlook/nifty-to-be5900-6300-range-like-aurobindo-amisha-vora_1039270.html?utm_source=ref_article
- Sandeep Shenoy of Anand Rathi Financial Services talks about the broader market. He believes Nifty will continue to be rangebound for time being and will see support between 5900 and 6000 on the downside. He also talks about how the Nifty may possibly behave ahead of elections. Read more at: http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/market-outlook/see-nifty-downside-support-between-5900-6000-anand-rathi_1041364.html?utm_source=ref_article
As usual i couldnt understand what the anand rathi guy meant.But all other analysts have written off a pre election rally. 2 months as they say is a long long time in markets and politics. Market has a strange habit of always going opposite to the consensus thoughtprocess.I rest my case.
views invited in the comments section.